so the fish said...
  home links archives about contact

« Slacker | Main | Miss Lima Bean »

Prognosticate Away

Ok people, it's time for everyone's favorite game of Guess When This Kid is Going to be Born Already! Oh come on, you know you want to. Here are the rules:

You can guess the date and time of Lima Bean's arrival, or you can guess weight and length, or if you are feeling really lucky you can guess both.

My "official" due date is July 31. You may not guess any date prior to July 8 (37 weeks) or any date after August 14 (42 weeks).

My OB predicted at least 8 pounds, but we all know that is meaningless. Anybody who guesses more than 10 pounds gets a smack.

Winner(s) will receive the instant celebrity afforded by a mention on this fine website and probably jack-all else as I will be slightly preoccupied trying to deal with an infant.

Um, I guess that's it. Ready? Set?? GO!!!

Comments (75)

Let's see....Friday, July 22, 6:42am. 7lbs, 10oz - I have no idea on the length thing. :-) GOOD LUCK!

August 3. Just because.

Ok- I'm guessing July 29 and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the doc. is wrong and the baby is only going to be 6 lbs. 15 ozs 19.5 inches long.
There's a method to my madness though! My due date with C. was July 31 and those are her birth statistics.It could happen...

July 30 - 7 pounds 10 ounces.
That's my son's birthday and birth weight.

Hmm this is tough
I say July 21st 7:14 pm 7 pounds 12 oz 20 inches long.

Of course I just made all that up but that's the point of guessing games...right?

August 2 - 4:52pm

7 pounds, 12 ounces

19.5 inches

July 27th - 7lb 3oz

My first son was 8lbs 11oz 20in and my second was 9lbs 4oz 21in. Good news was I was all baby weight. After seeing your picture I believe you are all baby as well so don't worry. Now to guess I would say being your first baby August 3 5:00am 8lbs 4oz 20in.

I guess 8 lbs, 2 oz. August 8th (it'd make a nice birthday! 08/08). 3 pm

This is impossible to do, but a lot of dang fun!

ok, i'm in. August 4th at 9:20am, 8 lbs 9 ounces, 22 inches. That might be ridiculously long, but I have no idea about such matters.

I got married on July 31st last summer, so I am all about the good karma on that particular day. So 7/31/05, 7:15 AM (hopefully a short labor!)
8 lbs 7 oz (no reason for that,I just wanted to play along)

i will say: July 27th at 3:21am and 7 lbs 6 oz, 19 inches.

it's totally a shot in the dark, but that's ok. :)

July 30th at 12:45 p.m. 9 lbs 2 oz. 21 inches

I guess this because it is a FABULOUS birthdate/time/weight, and I speak from experience. ;)

The length is a complete guess, though.

My two were both born on their due dates. So I'm gonna guess July 31 and 7lbs 11 oz. (no reason there...)

Godd luck, I hope the next few weeks go fast for you...

Oh yeah... My Dr. told me that only 4% of babies are born on their due date...

I am going to venture a guess of the 27th of July... b/c that is MY birthday and I was supposed to be due on the 31st as well...
Did you know that babies are most likely to be born on Tuesdays?? (which would be the 26th in July or the 2nd of August)
Good Luck either way!!

Date: 8/3
Time: 8:55 pm
Weight: 7lbs 10oz
Length: 19"

My guess is August 1 at around 7:30 a.m.

I am going to guess July 30 as well, in the evening around 9pm (why because that is when I was born). 8 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches long. :)

August 7, because the doctors are always wrong about the due date. Say, 3:47 pm.

July 27th at 4ish PM, 7 lbs 13 oz, 20.5 inches.

I think I'm the first to pick Tuesday, July 26th... and 7 lbs 6 oz.

August 3, 2:43 a.m. 8 lbs 7 oz 21" long.

I was gonna say August 13 but that's 2 weeks over and then the Dr will start messing with you.

Got your doula yet? www.dona.org

8 lbs. 4 oz. August 3rd.

~Jef

8 lbs 1 oz on 8/01 (because that's my birthday). Matchies!!

Oh yeah...doula tidbit...three of my doula babies started their labor on Tuesdays (my busiest day at work and the ONE day I cannot leave (but did anyway!))

Every single doula labor started late in the evening or early in the a.m.

Those that stayed home the longest had the shortest labors.

None of my births had episiotomies or stitches (with the exception of the one cesarian birth.)

Only those that ended up with pitocin had epidurals and those were only after attempting labor trying to do it without the drugs, and most of my moms wanted epidurals when we discussed things prior to labor but changed their minds once they were in labor.

Useless facts but thought I'd share anyway. :-)

August 10th, 3:42pm, 7 lbs. 15 oz.

I was 2 weeks late, something my mom doesn't often let me forget. It'd just give you one more thing to hold over the teenager's head.

So excited!

I'm going with 8/7 at 2:29 a.m.
8 lbs 3 oz
20.5 inches

No reason. I'm tiny and I had a son weighing that and my daughter was born at 2:29 so everything else is just a random guess. I'm always wrong (about everything).

Anyway, Bean will be here before you know it! And she'll be perfect in every way.

27 July, 1.15pm and 7lbs 13oz is my first guess because that's when i was born. for my second guess, i'd say 1.16pm and 6lbs 0oz, which would be when my twin got scooped out by the surgeon!

i soooo cannot wait to be an instant celebrity! *preen*

I will guess August 9, 12:01 pm. Aren't the first ones always late? And weight, 8 lbs, 8 oz. only because that is what I weighed - not because I want you to have a big baby.

I guess:

7lbs 8oz, 19 inches long on August 2, at 1:57 pm.

Oh, Patricia stole my date! Ok, August 4th, 9:00 AM. Sorry that puts you in labor in the middle of the night.

Um, 8 pounds, 4 ounces.

Lurker here - I'm guessing August 1 (my b-day) at 1:30 a.m., weighing in at 7 pounds 5 oz, 19".

July 29th 10:32am 7lbs 3oz 21in long

August 7th, 3:15pm
7lbs. 6 oz. - 21 inches long

Just pulling this out of my ass.

My guess is going to be..
7lbs 15oz, 21in, August 1st at 10:50am.

Hm.

I say August 3rd at 2:47pm.

Only because I want her to be born on Gabby's first birthday.

And? If I had to go past my due date (july 29th) you should have to suffer too.

I mean that in a loving way. HA.

My guess is August 6, 7:15 am, 9 lbs 4 oz.

My midwife guessed 8 lbs and my baby was 9 lbs 9 oz.

August 4, 2:00 pm
7 lbs 12 oz

August 2. 10.00 in the morning. I just know I'm going to win. Not that I'm competitive or anything.

I will say Aug 1st/2nd, in the middle of the night, because don't babies start messing with your sleep just as soon as they possibly can?

August 2nd, 6:30 am. 7 lbs 12 oz. 20 in.

Agust 1st, just after midnight, 8lbs, 7oz. and Chris will pack the cat in the suitcase by accident.

August 3, 1:41 pm...because that is when I was born, and hey, that's a good thing. :)

Since a lot of people are guessing their birthdays I will chime in with mine as well. July 24th! 11:14am. Any luck yet with names?

9lb 11oz
17inches
born july 29 at 2 am

Augus 2nd ..day baby 7lb 8oz 19inches

yay cant wait to meet her!

Okay, 8 August, 7 pound 9 ounces, 52cms long (20.8 inches). Born at 4.50pm.

August 11th sometime during the morning and weighing about 8 lbs, 2 oz.

Hmm I forgot you wanted a specific time... I will guess 9:20 am

And let me also guess 19 1/2 inches :o)

Are you charting this little "pool"?

I'm going to say August 5th as it's my grandpa's birthday at 10:42pm weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz 21.5 inches (my oldest was Aug 15 and the time and measurements were his.)

July 31st at 9:02pm :-)

August 4th, 3:12am. 9lbs, 4 oz. 21 inches long

August 4, 2005 at 4:38 p.m.

Oh, I forgot-- 21.5 inches long and 7 pounds 12 ounces.

I didn't have the energy to read the other entries,... but I'm going to guess July 17th at 7:35pm. 7 pounds, 10 oz. and 20.5 inches tall.

And she's going to be beautiful!

I am going to say: July 20th at 3:14 pm and she will be 8lbs 2 oz and 19"...

Let me polish my crystal ball - I'm seeing July 30... at 5:45 am, and 7pound 8 ounces. Sorry about the early morning, that's what the ball said, and heck, I had all mine in the middle of the night, why should I be the only one to be woken up!

... Oh one more thing, she will be absolutely beautiful :)

I'm gonna guess July 27th at or around 6:53pm. Just a guess!

Im guessing:
July 28th, 4:12 AM, 7 pounds & 12 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long.
And with such gorgeous parents, the bean will most definetly be beautiful and very intelligent as well :-)

Hmm... How 'bout July 26th, 6:56 AM. Horribly early I know but I think the night before is when things will start happening. Good luck with it Beth, I'm cheering for you and your family.

I would say August 13, because that's my birthday, but I don't want to wish a late pregnancy on anyone! So, I will guess August 6th. I think she will weigh in at 8lbs and 3oz. And don't forget....EPIDURAL!!!

Good God, there are a lot of guesses for you to go through!

My guess:

Saturday July 30 the baby will be born in the AM. but you will go to the hospital Friday the 29th missing out on an at home pizza dinner and a movie.

Okaaay then... August 12th, because it's my birthday and i'm all for meaningful events happening on that day - there aren't enoguh famous people born on that day so who knows...? As for time, i'll guess 4:47pm... just because. Weight, 8lb 4oz, and length, 21 inches. I'm kind of picking random figures out here...

There's a story on cnn.com right now about a 14 lb baby. Yep. Not surprisingly, the poor woman had a c-secion.

I'm guessing July 30 because that's the day I'll be seeing Dave Matthews Band... from the front row! Woo hoo! Anyway, it'll be a great day for me, so why not spread the joy around on that date...

And yes, I did just compare the momentous occasion of the birth of your first child with my front row seats at a concert. If this offends you just remember that it's Dave Matthews Band. See, all better.

July 27th

9 lbs 2 oz 21 in

I saw this on Two Step's (http://twostep.typepad.com/twostep/) site and thought it might help you organize all of these gueses and even calculates a winner without any hassle. http://www.expectnet.com/ Thought of you when I stumbled across this.

And because I like guessing games, I'll say July 21. (I was 10 days early. It could totally happen.) Good luck with everything!

July 28th
7lbs. 4 oz.

I'm so excited for you!

I'm gonna guess: July 28th... and let's go for 8 lbs 4 ozs and 19 inches long..

Let's see, I guess August 4th in the evening, and she will weigh 8 pounds 3 ounces as that is what my daughter weighed :-)

I am going with 8 pounds 8 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. I'm not going to guess the day but I am going to guess the time, about 1:32 pm.

8/1 at 1PM, 7lbs 6 oz. 10 fingers, 10 toes and a perfect everything else too!

Since I didn't read everyone's thoughts, I'm hoping not to duplicate. Unless there are TWO lima beans in there and you just don't know it yet. It could happen!

August 6th. 8 pounds. Girl. (wait, we knew that one, didn't we?)

August 5, 8 pounds 6 ounces