So I was tagged weeks ago by Swiftyjess and am finally getting around to doing something about it. I am supposed to tell you five weird things about myself, but am feeling confessional tonight so instead will give you five confessions.
1) When we are feeling especially brain-dead and lazy, Chris and I sometimes watch home shopping. We've done it for years. Sometimes we will go months without a home shopping fix, and other times we will watch every day for a week. We get something like 14 home shopping channels, so there is a lot to choose from. We have never bought anything... until last night. I'm a home shopper!
2) I worked at Food Lion for a few months after college. Did I ever tell you about Food Lion? (You know what I love about the internet that also terrifies me? I would say there is a 60% chance that someone will leave a comment saying "oh yeah, you told us about Food Lion a year ago on March 9," or something like that.) I have this big long speech I give about why Food Lion was a valuable job experience, but the fact is that I didn't want to get a real job or move and it was right behind my apartment.
3) I owe Hillary Stevens an apology. I don't quite have the gumption to track her down and apologize, but in case she ever googles herself and finds this, here it is. Hillary, I don't know if this is worth anything to you, but 14 years later I still feel bad for what I did. I am not asking for your forgiveness, I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry.
4) I am trying to learn how to disagree without judging, but the truth is that I am a big judgy judging judger. I know, where do I get off, right? I'm not proud of it, but there it is.
5) After my plea for playgroups for Mia last week, I have arranged to meet up with two lovely people who are in my area and have been very friendly and kind in offering to get together with me. (Hi, ladies!) I am desperate to think of a way to get out of it because I am terrified of meeting new people and usually make a complete ass of myself. But you see how clever I am? Now that I have posted this I can't weasel out because they will know I am just being weasely no matter what I say. So now that my hands are tied I can try to stop worrying about it and look forward to it instead (if this does not make them think I am a freakazoid and cause them to weasel out, that is).
You know what, that was strangely cathartic. You should do it to. Leave me a confession and then we will all be catharticized together.