People, I have been so busy with the mothering and crankiness due to lack of sleep and shirking of my housewifely duties that there are, I dunno, eighty gabillion things that I have not had time to tell you. Therefore, on the theory that you are all as enamored with every mundane detail of my existence as I am, I present the following catch-up post (in my all-time favorite random list format, of course). Hold on to your hats, we are going to jump around a lot.
- Chris and I went out! To dinner! Without the baby! For the second entire time since her birth nearly six months ago. Chris's parents kindly agreed to babysit and also kindly did not fold, spindle or mutilate the child. Apparently she didn't even notice we were gone for half an hour and when she did notice decided to deal with it by going to sleep. By the time we got home though I could hear her screaming before I even opened the car door. I am traumatized and will never leave her side again, but still we went out and you should be proud of us.
- Speaking of Mia (which we all know I hardly ever do) she has two brand spanking new sharp as all hell teeth (which came in one after the other rather than together). Now Mia is a perfect dream angel child and the light of my life, of course, and overall she handled the teething process very well. You would hardly have even known she was teething except that she didn't sleep longer than 45 minutes at a stretch for two weeks and demanded that I maintain full body contact with her drooly little self for the same period of time. That explains why I have given her to my husband this afternoon with instructions to call me only if her head actually spins around. More than once. Mama needs a break.
- We are now the proud owners of a new carseat since the infant carseat that was meant to last a year was outgrown in less than six months. The new one is like a baby barcalounger and even has its own cup holder.
- Speaking of things Mia has outgrown - here are the clothes that no longer fit her:
We are into 9 month sizes and I expect she will be in 12 month sizes before she is 6 months old.
- There are certain members of my family with whom I exchange Christmas gifts every year. Every year, I write a thank you note, while these certain family members have never once even asknowledged that I sent a gift. So I decided that this year was the year I would put my foot down and refuse to send a thank you note. After all, I am no longer a child and if someone is going to be rude to me I am free to choose to give as good as I get. Except - I just wrote the thank you notes. I can't decide whether I am polite and well-raised or just a sucker.
- Damn. The baby is fussing and I can't stand it. Breaktime is over.