1) I enjoyed the last numbered list so much I'm going to do it again. Deal with it.
2) The orzo, for those who are interested, goes like this. Cook some orzo (that's the stuff that looks like rice but is pasta). While the orzo is cooking, chop some vegetables. Whatever you have in the fridge should be fine, just cut off the rotten bits. (That last part just gave my husband a stroke. He firmly believes I am trying to kill him by serving him rotten food.) Cook the veggies a bit, and then open a jar of marinara and dump it in there. (You could make your own, but why?) Add herbs or something, if you want. Cook the sauce and veggies together for a few minutes. Drain the orzo, dump about half into a greased casserole dish, dump in some of the sauce and mix it up. Put in the rest of the orzo and sauce and stir it again. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. (I'm sure you all have a block of parmesan and one of those windy cheese graters for just this sort of thing. I have a big green can.) Bake the whole thing for a while until it is hot, or throw it in the fridge and then bake it later, but for longer since it is cold, duh. Ta-da! Dinner. If you wanna get fancy open a bag of salad too, and I guess you could put in some cooked chicken if you had to. Or grouse, or gopher, or whatever it is you carnivores eat.
3) Speaking of, where were you guys last night? I'm not going to invite you over anymore if you just don't show up like that. You really should have come because then you could see the new art-type thing we just got for over the couch. It looks awesome, but now you will just have to take my word for it.
4) Thanks for the input on my shower quandry, but really you were no help at all. Nothing personal. Yes, I have an exersaucer, but it is in the kitchen and needs to stay there or else I will never again unload the dishwasher and the prospect of hauling it up my winding staircase every morning and then back down again is enough to make me decide I would rather smell. We also have a pack and play, but the only place I have room to put it in my bedroom would totally block access to the bathroom, thereby rather defeating the purpose, don't you think? (I really like my house, but it has small bedrooms and mine is already crowded.) I could take a shower before Chris leaves for work, but he leaves at 6 AM so hell to the no. I can't take a shower before Mia wakes up, because a) she wakes up early and b) she is always in bed with me by morning and I can't just leave her sleeping in my bed alone because she's a wiggly little thing. The shower in my bathroom is a very small shower stall (as in, I could barely turn around in there while pregnant) so I can't take Mia in there with me, the other upstairs shower leaks, and the downstairs shower has a litter box in it (don't ask) so that's out. Mia is a sporadic and unreliable napper so I am not really comforable taking a shower while she is sleeping. I guess this leaves me with showering at night when Chris is home, but I am not really an entirely happy person if I don't take a shower in the morning and I have precious little time alone with Chris these days and would prefer to spend it actually with him. I suppose we could shower together, but see above re: the logistical issues with that. What a quandry, which rhymes with laundry, not that it matters.
5) I just checked the weather and it is 77 degrees and Chris is home and the baby just woke up, so why am I sitting here talking to you? Oh right, because you are all fabulous, I love that shirt on you. No more though, we are going outside. If you see us out walking, wave. We'll be the couple with the pasty white legs and freaking adorable child.