First, Chris wrote my list of weirdnesses and I wrote his list.
Second, only half of the following things are true, the other half we had a lot of fun making up last night. First person to correctly identify which are true and which are false wins their very own Rude Cactus mix cd (likely to feature "Ripple"). Same deal goes over at the hubby's so play early and often.
Here's what Chris said about me and why I am weird, although it was difficult since I am such a normal, rational, regular kinda girl:
1. Beth wears men's boxers. Not mine, because that would, according to her, be unsanitary. But she has her own collection of fine men's boxers. No, I've never borrowed them.
2. When a book is made into a movie, the publisher will often reprint the book with new cover art, usually a shot from the movie. In Beth's words, "that's just wrong." Even if it is the most interesting, well-reviewed book on the face of this good earth, Beth won't buy it. Instead, she'll dig around for an older copy or will simply refuse to buy a copy at all.
3. Beth is unusually obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. It's unclear where her fascination with Honest Abe began but he is, apparently, a historical hottie and quite interesting to boot.
4. Whereas most of us fear spiders or snakes, Beth is terrified of puppets. I can't get my head around it but even the Muppets are forbidden within these four walls. We're going to have to get her into aversion therapy before all the puppet-driven kid shows become popular around here.
5. Beth makes a habit, during what little idle time she has, of drafting important speeches and conversations covering issues with which she will, most likely, never deal. Such as Mid-East peace. She has an extensive range of topics already covered should you ever find yourself negotiating aformentioned peace deals, discussing humanitarian missions with the UN Secretary General or addressing the Queen of England.
6. You know those vents and fans in bathroom ceilings? Beth's convinced there are cameras hidden in those, regardless of the type of establishment hotels, movie theaters, churches, even home. And if there aren't cameras hidden inside, there are bugs. So, whenever we stay in a hotel, she covers them up with towels.