* The new version of gmail.
* People who take their five-year-old to two-year-old storytime. I mean, not that they bring the kids, which is fine, but that they seemingly don't anticipate that a five-year-old is going to be really bored in a program designed for two-year-olds and then let the five-year-olds take over such that the two-year-olds who are the intended audience are not only totally shut out but also sometimes terrorized to the point of tears. Can we all just agree that we are each responsible for controlling our own children to the absolute best of our abilities, and that this goes double for when we have by far the oldest and biggest child in the room?
* See above except substitute "storytime" for "the toddler play area at the mall" and substitute "five-year-olds" for "ten-year-olds." Again, of course the ten-year-olds are bored and want to compensate by body slamming each other and whatever teetering, brand new walker happens to be in the way. I dunno, maybe I'll feel differently when I have the older kids begging to be allowed to go play, but somehow I just don't think so.
* That the mailman hides all my real mail (ok, just bills, who gets real mail anymore?) inside my junk mail so I have to dig through every piece of everything every day to make sure I haven't missed anything. Not that missing a bill would ruin my day, but sometimes there are checks in there and I do like to have those.
* That I don't have a bullets feature on my blog and am too lazy to code one so have to just use the asterisks. Although I like the word "asterisks," so that is some compensation.
* That I do half my blogging in Movable Type and half in Typepad and that I get confused. They are by the same company, couldn't we have some similar functionality here? I mean similar in ways other than including all the bullshit Typepad coding in the standard MT templates thereby forcing those of us who do not enjoy digging through thousands of lines of useless code to find the bit that underlines the sidebar titles pull it all out.
And just so I'm not exclusively complaining (although I am on day one million of a sinus headache and can't take any good drugs, so that's really all I want to do), I am thrilled that I found a way to get to the mall, my bank, the good grocery store and
Ooh! This will be fun! What's annoying you?