- I was sitting in the playroom with Mia after lunch and suddenly developed an absolutely splitting headache. I sat for several minutes and marveled at how such an intensely painful headache could come on so quickly, and then remembered that I was wearing this toddler-sized accessory on my great big melon head.
Attractive, certainly, but not worth the pain.
- Mia remarks several times a week that Mommy has a great big melon head. So glad I taught her that one.
- Mia can't quite pronounce "tiara," so when referencing the bit of headgear pictured above she talks about her "tranny." And that, frankly, is one of the things that makes parenthood worth it.
- Owen had his four month checkup today and obliterated ("tipped" doesn't seem to cut it) the scales at 19 lbs. 2.5 oz. and is 27 inches long. I find this incredibly rude, since he is definitely going to pass the 20 pound infant seat limit long before Mia hits the 30 pound booster seat limit. Can anybody recommend a good convertible booster seat? One of those that starts as a 5-point harness and then the top pops off and it is a booster? (This would be for Mia, not Owen, am not an idiot. Well, am sometimes not an idiot.)
- I find it a bit disconcerting to discuss my breasts with the Hotty Pediatrician. Functionality thereof only, mind you, but still. Odd since I happily discuss my breasts at great length with the entire internet.
- Hot damn but I can't type today.
- Up until yesterday, my all-time favorite sweet [adjective] [religious figure] construction was my friend Laura's "Sweet fancy Moses." Ah, but then the lovely stinkerbell popped up with "Sweet buttery Jesus," and that immediately took over the top spot.
- Words you never want to hear wafting gently from the monitor during quiet time: "Mommy, there's poop on my bed!" If anybody needs me, I'll be doing laundry.