Today I went out, to Target of course, and bought a pair of yoga pants specifically intended to be worn in public. This was a first for me. Sure, before I had kids and I used to go to the gym after work every day I sometimes ran into the grocery store afterwards in my post-workout yoga pants. And once or twice over the summer I took Mia to swim team practice in yoga pants. But overall, I have been firmly in the "yoga pants are for when you are actually exercising or actually in your own house" camp. (I am also firmly in the "leggings are not pants" camp, but that isn't really relevant here.)
So I wear actual pants. Every day. But everywhere I go I see all the other women sporting yoga pants, and they just look so... comfortable. And considering that many of my days the biggest adventure is a trip to the cleaners or the post office and also considering that I spend a lot of my time in parent/child gymnastics classes or sitting on the floor at the library or sprinting around a playground to keep one child or another from unwittingly killing themselves, I decided to give it a shot.
So I bought some new yoga pants. Four pairs, really, but three were far too tight in the rear to be worn out of the house. One pair was ok, and I am now considering them my "good" yoga pants. My "fancy" yoga pants. My "formal" yoga pants, if you will. I may even consider wearing them in public tomorrow, just to see how it goes. But first, I have some questions.
- Where do you come down on yoga pants?
- What do you do about the visible panty lines issue?
- If you tell me that you are all running around in thongs under your yoga pants I am going to cry. Do you want to make me cry?
- Since I brought it up; Leggings: Pants or Not Pants?
- Was that a correct use of the semi-colon up there? I suspect not.
- What about the colon though? That one was ok, yes?
- Have you entered to win the Tassimo I am giving away? If not, scroll down and enter, the odds are pretty good at this point.