Well, it seems I took an extended holiday break. Here's what you get:
Things I Am Loving Right Now:
- Mia calling Owen "Owen Gregory" when she gets annoyed with him. Chris and I don't do the full name thing, so I have no idea where she got it.
- Owen's belief that the day is divided into "night-night" and "playtime."
- Mia's spontaneous "The Flu is No Fun" handwashing campaign, which has led to every sink in our house sporting a hand-drawn poster what that slogan and what I believe is a drawing of a hand with a face on the palm vomiting.
- Owen carrying the Wall-E he got for Christmas around the house, giving him "sad eyes" and then comforting him until he stops crying.
- Mia's dead on Southern accent. Again no idea where she got it.
If you are responsible for cutting someone else's toenails (I am thinking specifically of your children, but what you do in your free time is your own business), I have discovered the easiest way to do it. Have your victim lie down on their stomach and bend their knees so their feet are sticking up in the air and ta-da! Clip away.
This year I resolved to make things better in ways that won't make me miserable. Like recycling the shampoo bottles and soap boxes from upstairs instead of just throwing them away. Sure, upstairs is farther from the recycling bin, but I can just put whatever it is at the top of the stairs and both kids are old enough to be mostly trusted not to drink the last drop of conditioner and then I can take it down next time I go. Makes things a little better, does not make me miserable, therefore far more likely to last the year.
My least-favorite household chore is taking the vacuum cleaner apart and pulling all the hair out of the hoses and unwinding it from around the brush. I did it this morning for the first time in a long time and Mia's hair is past her waist, so you can imagine what I found in there. On the plus side, the vacuum works much better when it is not entirely clogged with hairballs.
What's your least-favorite household chore?